Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Crank Forward Archive   

Board index » GENERAL FORUMS » COMMENTS & SUGGESTIONS BOX

Post subject: Pull the Plug?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:07 am 

I wonder if RANS should pull the plug on this forum? No posts since Oct 17. Not sure if there is nothing RANS related to discuss or what is happening. This is the time of year that forums become really active when cold climate cyclists are housebound and have nothing better to do than get on the bike forums. Maybe most just hang out at BROL and have their RANS discussions over there.

It also seems that RANS has not been concentrating on the bike side of their business as much as they once did. Have not seen a new ITR article for a long time. Randy never seems to post here or over at BROL anymore. :?:

Post subject: Re: Pull the Plug?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:49 am 

If they do "pull the plug" I hope there is an archive taken. Personally I would be happy if the site just stayed how it is mainly just for reference, and we use BROL for any RANS discussions.

Post subject: Re: Pull the Plug?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:25 am 

jeff_ten wrote:
If they do "pull the plug" I hope there is an archive taken. Personally I would be happy if the site just stayed how it is mainly just for reference, and we use BROL for any RANS discussions.
True, it would be a good for reference. Although I do not know how much useful posts are on this site, since there was not much usage. As long as RANS could archive it without incurring expense, doubt if they would want to keep it up if they have to pay for it. I know they have archived the old Crank Forward discussion board. That board had way more use than this one and if you need to find a fix for a CF that seems to be the board to search. Just cannot figure out why this board never caught on.

Of course if you have a question or need a fix for a RANS (especially the recumbents), you can probably find it or get an answer on BROL.

Board index » GENERAL FORUMS » COMMENTS & SUGGESTIONS BOX